Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSXV: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Cronos Group is seeking an Automation Manager who will work within the Automation Department and report to the Operations Manager. As the Automation Manager, you will be responsible for managing a small team of Automation Technicians. Automation will be divided into two main categories, and this position will be responsible for leading solutions for all areas. First category is Post Production & Packaging; equipment used to dry cannabis, extract, sort, and package. The second category is Growing & Production; equipment used in plant care, disease detection & treatment, and harvest. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace.
This position is based out of Stayner, Ontario.
- Research, develop, test and implement proposals for Post Production and Growing automation solutions.
- Determines impact of new processes and products to existing and new automation at manufacturing locations.
- Modify designs accordingly to optimize manufacturing and labor efficiencies.
- Conduct value analysis and cost reduction activities on production processes.
- Ensure projects success by keeping project on schedule through strong leadership and communication while evaluating technical data.
- Initiates ideation sessions and works with Marketing to lead the development of concepts that contribute to consumer purchase decisions.
- Provide technical support to Automation Technicians daily regarding manufacturing process, mechanical solutions, and installation
- Control, communicate, and construct a ticket system identify automation break downs and corrections.
- Working with the automation team to service, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment in restricted factory like environments.
- Production spaces may include hot & humid environments with bright lights.
- Full post production lines and equipment including bottling process (solids & liquids, secondary packaging, and carton printing) as well as automation equipment related to growing processes.
- Automation equipment includes a defined set of hazards (mechanical moving parts).
- Bachelor Degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field is required
- 8+ years of experience in Automation System Design & Implementation
- Experience managing departments, budgets, and projects
- Strong understanding of automated manufacturing principles and techniques
- Strong awareness of safety
- Excellent communication and team management
- Good understanding of Automation and latest technologies used in packaging and GH production industry
- Experience in installation and commissioning of Packaging lines/equipment
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.