Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Cronos Group is seeking an Automation Technician who will work within the Automation Department and report to the Automation Manager. As the Automation Technician, you will work as part of the automation team to support packaging and processing equipment. You will be responsible for two main categories of automation. First Category is Post Production & Packaging; equipment used to dry cannabis, extract, sort and package. The second category is Growing & Production; equipment used in plant care, disease detection & treatment, and harvest. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace.
This position is based out of Stayner, Ontario.
- Provide factory production support and technical troubleshooting for all automation equipment on site.
- Track all the issues during the production day and issue daily reports.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and prevent malfunctions
- Root cause Analysis and troubleshooting skills to ensure production line running properly.
- Willing to learn and teach in order to create a continuous improvement and team work environment.
- Provide Post-installation troubleshooting and customer support.
- Modify system designs accordingly to optimize manufacturing and labor efficiencies.
- Follow standard parameters sheets for tooling and machine set up, make note of eventual changes made in the log book and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Participate in ideation sessions and works with cross departmental teams to develop automation strategies that will meet the needs of the company.
- Working with the automation team to service, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment in restricted factory like environments.
- Production spaces may include hot & humid environments with bright lights.
- Full post production lines and equipment including bottling process (solids & liquids, secondary packaging, and carton printing) as well as automation equipment related to growing processes.
- Automation equipment includes a defined set of hazards (mechanical moving parts).
- Strong mechanical maintenance and repair skills
- Practical attitude and ability to learn new tasks
- Excellent PC skills
- Must be able to work days and nights
- Familiar with wiring diagrams, symbols and electrical measuring
- Familiar with electrical/mechanical drive technology (i.e. motors and gears)
- Familiar with control technology (i.e. controls/inverter)
- Strong understanding of automated manufacturing principles and techniques
- Strong awareness of safety
- Excellent communication and team management
- Good understanding of Automation and latest technologies used in packaging and GH production industry
- Experience in installation and commissioning of Packaging lines/equipment
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.