Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Cronos Group is seeking an Extraction Manager who will work within the Production & Operations Departments and report to the Operations Manager. As the Extraction Manager, you will be responsible for the coordination and execution of all activities within the Extraction department. The position will focus on scheduling and supervising the respective team, creating daily and weekly plans that meet the objective of the organization, continuous improvement and reporting results regularly. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace.
This position is based out of Stayner, Ontario.
- Responsible for all Extraction operations, including the safety, production, quality and performance of the department. Extraction team is responsible for preparing equipment and plant materials for extraction, operating extraction equipment and handling extraction gases, cleaning and maintenance of lab and extraction equipment, maintaining records of product and inventory
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching and development to the Extraction Review each employee for performance periodically and work with each employee to correct deficiencies and improve performance, attitude, and attendance
- Create a working environment within the Extraction team that enhances employee performance and retention
- Provide scheduling, forecasting changes and demands in resolving production and manpower challenges
- Provide orientation and training to ensure an effective and efficient team
- Develop, implement and maintain production tracking and continuously improve processes and procedures by fostering and operating in a continuous improvement environment
- Maintain production records and track key metrics, regularly report findings to management
- Create, present, and manage plans vs actual results as well as efficiencies.
- Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times by enforcing Company standards and completing regular inspections of department
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Health and Safety an instills a sense of urgency around compliance
- Works closely with Human Resources for all health and safety requirements, employee relation issues, hiring and orientation, training and development, disciplinary and corrective action, terminations, performance evaluations, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement, and all other HR related items.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years production management experience is required; laboratory experience is also preferred
- BA/BS in Chemistry or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hands on laboratory experience with decarboxylization, winterization and short path distillation/fractional distillation
- Experience with oil post processing techniques, winterization, separation isolation, and product refinement
- Ideal candidate has expertise in subcritical and supercritical CO2 extraction methods as well as the purification, separation and isolation of various compounds of cannabis
- Lean Manufacturing/Total Quality Management (or similar) training considered and asset
- Proven ability to manage, encourage, and adopt effective communication practices
- Ability to act as a strong leader and effectively integrate into fast-paced and high-pressure teams with a strong sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Able to supply acceptable Criminal Record Check.
- Able to support overtime and weekend work at short notice.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.