The Peace Naturals Project is a socially responsible company based on principles of integrity, transparency, security, compliance and environmental sustainability. We are dynamic, team focused, Health Canada Licensed Producer, where we work hard at making our clients lives better. The campus at Peace Naturals will be a center of excellence for cannabis research and development. We strive to create a peaceful work environment as a reflection of our whole health lifestyle.
We are currently recruiting for a QC Analytical Chemist – Come join our dynamic team!
This position is based out of Stayner, ON.
The Medical Cannabis market is growing exponentially. The Analytical Chemist will perform quantitative and qualitative chemical analysis on raw materials, process intermediates and various finished products. Other responsibilities include calibration, maintenance, method development/validation and trouble-shooting of laboratory instruments. The Analytical Chemist will work closely with several other departments and timely communication of analytical reports is critical. To support the 24/7 operations of the production facility, this position may require performing morning or evening shifts and occasionally weekend work. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team at a fast pace.
- Perform analysis of raw material, in-process material, and finished products using various analytical instruments and techniques.
- Ensure quality of analysis through proper GLP and quality systems (calibrating the machine independently and documenting all results).
- Interpret and document all test results, calculations, observations and complete report summaries.
- Recognize out of trend results and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Perform role of Document Reviewer: preparing and reviewing various department reports.
- Perform general maintenance and calibration of analytical equipment.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and method problems.
- Provide technical troubleshooting support or training to other team members where appropriate.
- Maintain a high standard of laboratory housekeeping.
- Create and implement new analytical testing methodologies and SOPS that can increase lab efficiency from sample prep to QA test analysis, to quality system improvements.
- Assist in research and development projects pertaining to cultivation, extraction, edible goods and advanced pharmaceutical formulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain a Responsible Person in Charge (RPIC) security clearance.
- Minimum B.Sc. in Chemistry (Preferably Analytical Chemistry).
- 3 years of experience of analytical lab testing.
- Experience working with cannabis through a Health Canada licensed laboratory will be an asset.
- Knowledge in the following analytical methods: HPLC, GC-MS, ICP-MS, FT-IR, NMR.
- Experience with LIMS.
- Demonstrated experience using dry and wet analytical chemistry techniques.
- A willingness to learn and successfully apply specialized sampling techniques for air, light, and moisture sensitive samples.
- Experienced in Microsoft office, and Agilent OpenLab software is preferred.
- A working understanding of ISO/IEC-17025 and GMP/GLP will be an asset.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.