The Peace Naturals Project is a socially responsible company based on principles of integrity, transparency, security, compliance and environmental sustainability. We are dynamic, team focused, Health Canada Licensed Producer, where we work hard at making our clients lives better. We strive to create a peaceful work environment as a reflection of our whole health lifestyle.
We are currently recruiting for a Greenhouse Manager – Come join our dynamic team!
This position is based out of Stayner, ON.
The Medical Cannabis market is growing exponentially. We are looking for an experienced and well-organized Greenhouse Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this individual will be responsible for the coordination and execution of all activities within the greenhouse. The position will focus on scheduling and supervising the respective team members, creating daily and weekly plans that meet the objective of the organization, continuous improvement and reporting results regularly. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team at a fast pace.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Act as a leader with Harvest, Sanitation, Horticulture, Pest Control, and Quality Assurance employees and institute cross-function collaboration and continues improvement.
- Learn and support Department Standard Operating Procedures through effective communication while utilizing the ability to self-teach.
- Create electronic employee schedules reflecting weather conditions, employment legislation, production requirements, and general crop needs.
- Create, present, and manage plans vs actual results as well as efficiencies.
- Focus on improvements through the development of streamlined processes and positive implementation across departments.
- Works closely with Human Resources for all health and safety requirements, employee relation issues, hiring and orientation, training and development, disciplinary and corrective action, terminations, performance evaluations, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement, and all other HR related item.
- Review each employee for performance periodically and work with each employee to correct deficiencies and improve performance, attitude, and attendance.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Greenhouse temperatures in the winter are comfortable.
- Greenhouse temperatures in the summer can be very hot and humid.
- Hours will fluctuate according to the ongoing needs of the business.
- Working some weekends and holidays maybe required.
- Walking, sitting, standing required consistently.
- Crouching, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling required periodically.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 4 years greenhouse management experience is required.
- An education in Horticulture or equivalent will be considered an asset (not required).
- Proven ability to manage, encourage, and adopt effective communication practices.
- Must be able to obtain a Responsible Person in Charge (RPIC) security clearance.
- Lean Manufacturing/Total Quality Management (or similar) training considered and asset.
- Ability to act as a strong team player and effectively integrate into fast-paced and high-pressure teams with a strong sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and familiar with ERP software.
- Able to supply acceptable Criminal Record Check.
- Able to support overtime and weekend work at short notice.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.