Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Cronos Group is seeking a Junior Extraction Technician who will work within the Production & Operations Departments and report to the Operations Manager. As the Junior Extraction Technician, you will be responsible for the coordination and execution of all activities within the Extraction department. The position will focus on processing dried plant material into oils and other formulations using supercritical carbon dioxide extraction techniques. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace.
This position is based out of Stayner, Ontario.
- Operation, maintenance and sanitation of a supercritical carbon dioxide extraction machine
- Handling pressurized gas/liquid cylinders
- Interface with internal QA regarding required documentation for the extraction process
- Prepare, review and follow SOPs related to cannabis oil extraction and refinement
- Assist QA in document preparations and data retrieval when assigned
- Support and assist in ongoing research and development activities
- Other responsibilities designated by the Lead Chemist
- Diploma or degree in chemistry/biochemistry or related sciences
- Able to supply Clear Criminal Record Check
- Able to support overtime and weekend work at short notice
- Experience with high-pressure systems and tubing an asset
- Experience working under GMP an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to support overtime and weekend work at short notice.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs on regular basis
- Standing & walking for long periods of time
- Frequent bending, kneeling and reaching
- Ability to perform a series of repetitive operations requiring manual dexterity and visual accuracy
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.