The Peace Naturals Project is a socially responsible company based on principles of integrity, transparency, security, compliance and environmental sustainability. We are dynamic, team focused, Health Canada Licensed Producer, where we work hard at making our clients lives better. We strive to create a peaceful work environment as a reflection of our whole health lifestyle.
We are currently recruiting a Logistics Manager – Come join our dynamic team!
This position is based out of Stayner, ON.
The Medical Cannabis market is growing exponentially. We are looking for an experienced and well-organized Logistics Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this individual will be responsible for the coordination and execution of domestic and international logistics and internal/external inventory control. The position will focus on managing the respective team members, creating daily and weekly plans that meet the objective of the organization, continuous improvement and reporting results regularly. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a fast-paced team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct the organization’s overall logistics and inventory.
- Manage the safe and efficient delivery, storage and placement of all goods from receiving to domestic distribution.
- Supervise and assist a team in daily operations in order to meet established organizational needs by maintaining a daily presence on the floor.
- Work with all levels of management to support transportation (3PL) contract development and distribution management.
- Accurately communicate, track, and control inventory using a manual and MRP system.
- Plan and manage daily and weekly activities, as well as seasonal changes.
- Support team in package design, pallet and shipment planning.
- Assist in developing strategic plans to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of operations.
- Create functional strategies and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Grow, recruit, and maintain talent within all aspects of the department.
- Hours will fluctuate according to the ongoing needs of the business.
- Working some weekends and holidays maybe required.
- Walking, sitting, standing required consistently.
- Crouching, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling required periodically.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Logistics Management position.
- CCLP certification or equivalent will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with logistics terms and contracts.
- Extensive MRP use at all levels, including BOM management, and best practices for inventory management and control.
- Experience with warehouse management systems
- EPICOR experience will be considered an asset.
- Proven ability to manage, encourage, and adopt effective communication practices.
- Strong inventory management and handling SKUS and packing.
- Must be able to obtain a Responsible Person in Charge (RPIC) security clearance.
- Ability to act as a strong team player and effectively integrate into fast-paced and high-pressure teams with a strong sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Valid forklift operator license
- Able to supply acceptable Criminal Record Check.
- Able to support overtime and weekend work at short notice.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.