Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Cronos Group is seeking a Maintenance Specialist (HVAC) who will work within the Facilities & Maintenance Department and report to the Facilities & Maintenance Manager. As the Maintenance Specialist (HVAC) you will be responsible for moderate to complex technical tasks related to HVAC installation, maintenance and repairs for manufacturing buildings, as well as support the facilities team with general maintenance tasks. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace.
This position is based out of Stayner, Ontario.
- HVAC installation and maintenance in accordance with manufacturer specifications and local codes
- Investigates problems and performs repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling and ventilation systems
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment
- Checks and changes air filters on a regular basis
- Installs humidifiers into system and connects water and drain pipes
- Determines amount of airflow required to keep carbon dioxide at a safe level; ensures this level is maintained
- Provide consistent monitoring of automation systems
- May be required to solve electrical problems such as faulty light switches, dead light bulbs and wall sockets
- Support the facilities team with general building maintenance tasks
- Oversee HVAC-related mechanical projects
- Maintain HVAC logs as required
- Comply with all safety code requirements
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Maintain equipment in restricted factory like environments
- Production spaces may include hot & humid environments with bright lights
- Automation equipment includes a defined set of hazards (mechanical moving parts)
- Able to support overtime and weekend work at short notice
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and can lift up to 50lbs.
- Minimum 2-4 years of installing, maintaining and repairing heating, cooling, ventilation and related systems
- HVAC Certification is required
- Knowledge of building mechanical/electrical equipment, building automation, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, preventative maintenance programs and Fire Code
- Excellent HVAC troubleshooting skills
- Effective knowledge in HVAC automation systems
- Efficient time management with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in-person, over the phone and via e-mail
- Able to provide Clear Criminal Record Check
- Valid Ontario Drivers License
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.