The Peace Naturals Project is a socially responsible company based on principles of integrity, transparency, security, compliance and environmental sustainability. We are dynamic, team focused, Health Canada Licensed Producer, where we work hard at making our clients lives better. We strive to create a peaceful work environment as a reflection of our whole health lifestyle.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager of Horticulture – Come join our dynamic team!
This position is based out of Stayner, ON.
The Medical Cannabis market is growing exponentially, and Peace Naturals is seeking Finishing and Packaging Team Members. This team is responsible for following the defined operation standards that support the final processing of finished goods. With an eye for quality, team members ensure that the product being packaged meet strict quality requirements and that the product received by clients continues to support our excellent quality reputation. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team at a fast pace.
- Lead and educate a team of junior horticulturalists.
- Confirm temperatures, light level controls, plant health, electronic conductivity and air circulation devices to regulate plant growth.
- Prepare data for evaluation from the Head Horticulturalist and keeps data on plants and program records.
- Prepare fertilizers needed to properly grow plants.
- Produce and/or maintains a diverse and unique genetic palette of plants.
- Assist in research tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as required to support the organization.
- Must be able to obtain a Responsible Person in Charge (RPIC) security clearance.
- BSc or equivalent in a relevant biological science emphasizing horticulture or floriculture greenhouse production.
- 5-10 years experience in the horticultural or agricultural industry.
- Experience with cannabis desired but not required.
- Strong working knowledge and interest in propagation, and potted plant production.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct specific research to answer questions and solve problems.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively.
- Scientific curiosity, personal drive and networking abilities.
- Able to work in varying temperatures.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.