Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
This position is based out of Stayner, Ontario.
Cronos Group is seeking a Process Engineering Technologist who will provide Engineering design expertise and effective solution to projects and critical processes for production. The incumbent will development processes within a GMP manufacturing environment contributing to equipment selection, validation and technical transfer and scale-up of processes for commercial manufacturing. The incumbent will report to the Operations Manager. This position will be responsible for launching, executing and closing change controls related to new and existing equipment solutions and optimization initiatives for all areas of manufacturing at the Stayner campus.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and people skills, strong project leadership, and technical expertise.
- Lead Process Validation projects and develop, implement, test and maintain critical processes for manufacturing.
- Lead Design of Experiment initiatives to support critical quality attributes and critical process parameters.
- Lead design changes accordingly to optimize manufacturing and labor efficiencies.
- Conduct value analysis and cost reduction activities on production processes.
- Ensure projects success by keeping project on schedule through strong leadership and communication while evaluating technical data.
- Provide technical support to product processing and packaging departments and author procedures, work instruction and other documents to support production.
- Lead and participate in Kaizen Events for sites.
- Process flow mapping for the site.
- Ability to work in environments with extreme temperature, noise, vibration, atmospheric conditions, confined space, etc.
- 40% Office, 50% shop floor, 10% travel
- Lean Manufacturing principals and experience with Toyota production system;
- Engineering Degree/Diploma in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field is required
- 5+ years of experience in Processing / Manufacturing Engineering
- Strong understanding of automated manufacturing principles and techniques
- Strong awareness of safety
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Experience in writing and executing installation and commissioning of Packaging lines/equipment
- Experience working within a GMP / GAMP environment is an asset
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.