Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Cronos Group is seeking a Production Manager who will work within the Production Management Department and report to the Operations Manager. As the Production Manager, you will be responsible for the coordination and execution of all activities within the designated zone. The position will focus on scheduling and supervising the respective team members, creating daily and weekly plans that meet the objective of the organization, continuous improvement and reporting results regularly. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team at a fast pace.
This position is based out of Stayner, ON.
- Act as a leader with Harvest, Sanitation, Horticulture, Pest Control, and Quality Assurance employees and institute cross-function collaboration and continues improvement.
- Learn and support Department Standard Operating Procedures through effective communication while utilizing the ability to self-teach.
- Create electronic employee schedules reflecting weather conditions, employment legislation, production requirements, and general crop needs.
- Create, present, and manage plans vs actual results as well as efficiencies.
- Focus on improvements through the development of streamlined processes and positive implementation across departments.
- Works closely with Human Resources for all health and safety requirements, employee relation issues, hiring and orientation, training and development, disciplinary and corrective action, terminations, performance evaluations, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement, and all other HR related item.
- Review each employee for performance periodically and work with each employee to correct deficiencies and improve performance, attitude, and attendance.
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Hours will fluctuate according to the ongoing needs of the business.
- Working some weekends and holidays maybe required.
- Walking, sitting, standing required consistently.
- Crouching, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling required periodically.
- Minimum of 4 years production management experience is required.
- An education in Horticulture or equivalent will be considered an asset (not required).
- Proven ability to manage, encourage, and adopt effective communication practices.
- Must be able to obtain a Responsible Person in Charge (RPIC) security clearance.
- Lean Manufacturing/Total Quality Management (or similar) training considered and asset.
- Ability to act as a strong team player and effectively integrate into fast-paced and high-pressure teams with a strong sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and familiar with ERP software.
- Able to supply acceptable Criminal Record Check.
- Able to support overtime and weekend work at short notice.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.