The Peace Naturals Project is a socially responsible company based on principles of integrity, transparency, security, compliance and environmental sustainability. We are dynamic, team focused, Health Canada Licensed Producer, where we work hard at making our clients lives better. We strive to create a peaceful work environment as a reflection of our whole health lifestyle.
We are currently recruiting for QA/QC Analytical Technician – Come join our dynamic team!
This position is based out of Stayner, ON.
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform sample preparation as well as quantitative and qualitative chemical analysis on raw materials, process intermediates and various finished products.
The analytical technician will work closely with several other departments and timely communication of analytical reports is critical. To support the 24/7 operations of the production facility, this position may require performing morning or evening shifts and occasionally some weekend work.
- Perform analysis of raw material, in-process material, and finished products using various analytical instruments and techniques.
- Ensure quality of analysis through proper GLP and quality systems (calibrating the machine independently and documenting all results).
- Interpret and document all test results, calculations, observations and complete report summaries when required.
- Recognize out of trend results and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Maintain a high standard of laboratory housekeeping.
- Assist in research and development projects pertaining to cultivation, extraction, edible goods and advanced pharmaceutical formulations.
- Canadian equivalent to Bachelors of Science in Chemistry (Preferably Analytical Chemistry)
- Strong knowledge in the following analytical methods: HPLC, GC-MS, ICP-MS, FT-IR, NMR.
- Demonstrated experience using dry and wet analytical chemistry techniques.
- A willingness to learn and successfully apply specialized sampling techniques for air, light, and moisture sensitive samples.
- Experienced in Microsoft office, and Agilent OpenLab software is preferred.
- A working understanding of ISO/IEC-17025 and GMP/GLP will be an asset.
- Experience working with cannabis through a Health Canada licensed laboratory will be an asset.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.