Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
We are currently recruiting for Quality Assurance Manager – Come join our dynamic team!
This position is based out of Stayner, Ontario.
The Medical Cannabis market is growing exponentially. Cronos Group is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager who will work within the Quality Department and report to the Vice President, Global Regulatory Affairs.
As the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, enforcement and continuous monitoring of the quality assurance and control systems in strict compliance with The Cannabis Act to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies. Qualified candidates will be representing the company’s Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) Department in all reporting in relation to Health Canada.
Cannabis experience is an asset but not a pre-requisite; and if you are ready to make a change or start your career in the new cannabis cultivation industry then Cronos is for you. Come and join a driven, proven, fun and professional team.
- Establish and enforce GAP, GMP, GPP and quality assurance standards, providing technical and regulatory input for growing, packaging and production
- Ensure compliance with Health Canada’s QA guidelines pertaining to business, production, facility, security, storage, packaging, labeling, import/export and distribution for the Cannabis program
- Review lot coding and tracking of individual plants and the resultant harvested bulk and finished product
- Ensure that destruction of refused and or waste products are managed and destroyed as per current approved SOPs in line with regulations
- Coordinate all key product quality issues such as complaint handling, recall coordination, investigations on deviations/failures and implementing corrective and preventive actions (CAPA), to close out quality and security gaps
- Review status of process materials and ensure proper control, release and transfer of materials for production and sale through proper documentation and/or ERP System
- Ensure Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA) investigations are conducted appropriately and closed in a timely manner
- Coordinate external testing of materials/products and perform in-house testing of starting materials, bulk and finished product as per approved specifications
- Act as the key point of contact for Health Agency auditors with inventory, sales and compliance audits
- Oversee an effective sanitation program to ensure production, packaging, labeling and storage activities are conducted under sanitary conditions
- Create and maintain all technical documents pertaining to standard operating procedures
- Write, review and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Train staff in SOPs to ensure the correct implementation in operations and regulatory compliance
- Review testing raw data, analytical reports and Certificate of Analysis (CoA) of each product batch prior to its release for sale
- Plan, conduct and manage the activities to ensure compliance with internal and external standards and requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline (Food, Chemical or Biological Sciences, Chemical / Process Engineering preferred)
- 2+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Lead/Manager in a GAP, GMP and GPP regulated environment, with proficiency quality assurance systems, documentation, testing methods
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Strong and current knowledge of HC regulations, Good Agricultural Practice, Good Manufacturing Practice, HACCP, Food Safety, regulatory and environmental guidelines
- Experience in identifying GMP gaps with experience in writing SOPS, work instructions, HACCP plans, identifying GAPs, and with regulatory compliance and internal and external audits experience
- Able to pass security clearance checks
- Must possess a passion for cannabis industry in general, while providing excellent regulatory advice in line with the current regulations.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work in a plant as well as virtual setting
- Proficient in MS Office Suite software (Excel, Outlook, Word); Computer literate. Familiarity with IT systems, e.g. electronic submission systems, data and document management systems (Track Wise)
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.