Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Cronos Group is seeking a Senior Production Manager who will work within the Production Management Department and report to the Operations Manager. As the Senior Production Manager, you will oversee the management of specific areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured in a cost effective and timely manner in alignment with quality requirements. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team at a fast pace.
This position is based out of Stayner, ON.
- Plans, directs and establishes operating activities for production, manufacturing/procurement operations including production planning, scheduling, resource allocation (equipment and personnel) and materials management.
- Drives implementation of new processes/capabilities in support of strategic growth plans. Drives efficient flow of material throughout the Manufacturing facility, with emphasis on cost improvement, cycle time and production time reduction. Prioritizes production schedules based on customer demand and strategic importance.
- Generate reports and present findings to senior leadership team.
- Responsible for managing a team of managers.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and internal controls, recommending improvements in internal control structure.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and controls by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure.
- Ensures assigned departments meet production and quality controls daily.
- Identifies documents and drives departmental metrics for Productivity, Safety, Quality and any other metrics required by the company.
- Manages performance by setting goals and consistently holding employees accountable for meeting performance standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc).
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant relocation/layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Ensures training is conducted by the appropriate individuals or departments in Safety, GMP’s, Quality systems rules and procedures.
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment and manages competing priorities.
- Makes sound operational decisions.
- Ensures that potential safety problems are resolved and that Safety audits are responded to appropriately and in timely fashion.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain a Responsible Person in Charge (RPIC) security clearance.
- 5+ years of previous experience in a similar role is required, with preference given to experience overseeing a manufacturing facility.
- Has worked in lean manufacturing environments and has a continuous improvement mindset.
- Has supervised Kaizen events or process improvement projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills that allow him/her to quickly step into new situations and develop the teamwork to solve problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that allow him/her to assess, quantify, and resolve operational issues and trends.
- Superior people skills that encourage the development of employees through regular performance reviews, feedback, holding self and others accountable, and provides appropriate and effective recognition.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic and an energetic style; sets the example and creates an environment of high expectations.
- A confident hands-on individual who is comfortable being in the production facility.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Resumés can be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume in one document (Word or PDF) and insert the job title of interest and your name in the email subject line. Example: Administrative Assistant – Jane Smith. If you are applying to more than one position, please list all job titles in the email subject line and your name. Example: Administrative Assistant – Operations Coordinator – Production Coordinator – Jane Smith.